[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Wednesday, October 04, 2006 11:36 AM [GMT+1=CET], Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Niklas Nebel wrote:
Kirill S. Palagin wrote:
But the way you describe is not what is in fix?
I am interested in knowing original intention of developers.
Issue 3875 isn't about drag&drop. It's about selecting several
non-adjacent cells, which previously wasn't possible by just
ctrl-clicking.

Niklas
Greetings, Niklas.

Possibly an unfair question.  Could you comment on the possibility of
a simple drag for a single cell - should an issue be filed, of course?

Hmmm.

If you click in a cell (i.e. you select that cell) and drag immediately, OOo assumes you
are intending to "grow" the selection into a rectangular grid. How is OOo
supposed to divine that you intended to move the cell instead?

Alternatively, if selecting a cell followed immediately by dragging it causes
the cell to move, then how would you select a rectangular grid?

Harold Fuchs
London, England

The way it works in Excel, I believe, is that you click once, release the mouse button, then click again to drag and drop a single cell.

This is identical to how you drag and drop a range in Calc; you select the range, but you can't drag and drop it until you release the mouse button and then click on it again.