Jim wrote:
> Pete Holsberg wrote:
>>
>> I decided to switch the default email client to Outlook to see what
>> happens when I click one of the send as email commands.
>>
>> Well, it invokes Outlook!!
>>
> I tried that and it still does not work for me. Using 2.0.3 on win 98
> SE, it worked fine on the previous version of OO.o and was very
> useful. There was no setting up required. I just went to File > Send
> and selected one of 4 options, mostly PDF and Thunderbird would open
> with the attachment in place.
>
> This is how it is described in Help.
>
> Why would this be changed between 02 and 03? There has been no change
> in Thunderbird since I used 02 so I'm still not convinced the problem
> is there.
>
> I subscribed to this mail group a few weeks ago because of this
> problem and found it was already being discussed and I have tried all
> the suggestions put forward to no avail and now it seems that others
> are having the same problem with 2.0.4. I look forward to getting this
> resolved as it was a very useful feature.
Now that the situation has been explained throughly, I will agree that
there were changes between 2.0.2 and 2.0.3/4 and this may require the
deinstallation of OpenOffice.org and the reinstallation of the newer
version.  Why?  There were file changes that affect the user and
interface with the operating system that a simple update will not work
with.

Sorry to say this, but you may need to deinstall and re-install OpenOffice.

I do know the solution for the Mac and it is not as complex.

James McKenzie