Reply To: users@openoffice.org

On Monday 23 October 2006 07:44 am, Thomas w. Cranston wrote:
> Dan Lewis wrote:
> >Reply To: users@openoffice.org
> >
> >On Sunday 22 October 2006 07:46 pm, Tywana Roland wrote:
> >>I am using windows 98, Is there anyway that I can
> >>download openoffice?
> >>
> >>Thank you,
> >>Tywana
> >
> >     This depends upon the computer. Requirements are: a Pentium
> > class CPU, 256 MB RAM, and about 400 MB of free space on your
> > hard drive. You can get by with less RAM, but it will slow the
> > program down considerably.
> >     You can download the program from
> >http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.4/ or select "Order
> > OpenOffice.org on CD". If you do not have access to broadband, it
> > takes about 8 hours to download the program. Ordering a CD might
> > be advisable in such cases.
> >
> >Dan

> Dan Wrote
>
> > Requirements are: a Pentium class
> >CPU
>
> By Pentium class you mean how fast? Which Celeron, don't to forget
> which AMD.

     Several years ago, Intel changed how they named their chips from
286, 386, and 486 to Pentium because numbers are not patentable but
words are. So, a Pentium class CPU is one which is more recent than
486 regardless of who manufactured the chip. It must have a similar
architecture as the Intel Pentium chips.

Dan