Thomas w. Cranston wrote:
Dan Lewis wrote:

Requirements are: a Pentium class CPU

By Pentium class you mean how fast? Which Celeron, don't to forget which AMD.

The official requirements state only Pentium class. This means, if you have enough memory, a Pentium 66 could run it. My wife's Pentium 266 does fine. AFAIK all the Celerons are considered Pentium class (they were actually dumbed-down Pentiums, but for our purposes will behave the same; I've got a 2 GHz Celeron running it just fine), and Pentium II and later are all considered backward-compatible, as long as you stay in the 32-bit chipsets. With AMD, K5 and later should be sufficiently compatible, as long as you stay in the 32-bit chipset. 64-bit processors need to run in 32-bit compatibility mode to run OOo.

Disclaimer: This was my own digging, not an official response, and your mileage may vary.

--
Alan Frayer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]