2006/10/24, Palmer Pattison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Guy,

Never got the splash screen.

Already tried removing OO.o by removing it from the Applications folder
and
reinstalling it.  Are there any other user or system files I need to
delete
in order to completely uninstall the program?

I will try starting OO.o by opening an associated file, and let you know
if
it works.

Thanks,
Palmer

Hi Palmer

• if you never got to the splash screen, then I don't think OOo was
installed properly.
I suppose you downloaded the version corresponding to your OS version, but
maybe the download file got corrupted?

• OOo user files are to be found at
/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice.org 2.0/

• as you know, OOo not only opens its own files (*.odt, *.ods, *.ott, *.sxw
etc.), but also M$ Office files (*.doc, *.xls, *.pps etc.). You have to use
'Open with' to open these with OOo (or make OOo the default application for
these file types)

Good luck & don't give up!
--
Guy