On Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:35 AM [GMT+1=CET], Johnny Andersson <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a special reason why you want to backup to CD?
>
> My experience (but maybe no one else's?) is that when you finally
> need your CD backup, the CD can't be read properly anyway.
Backup 101 says check the backup, *whatever* medium it's on, is readable
*before* stashing it away. I learnt this in about 1975 when we discovered we
couldn't read the magnetic tapes to which we had been backing up our mainframe
every day for about 6 months. Worse, it wasn't our data but our clients'.

Harold Fuchs
London, England