On Monday 30 October 2006 12:25, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> > I am currently creating new stationary and to contain my address,
> > telephone and similar information I have created a frame and set the
> > font to helvetica, 8 pt. To ensure that the line spacing were sat
> > proportionally I went into the Indent & Spacing dialogue and selected
> > proportional spacing. It had, however, no effect.
> >
> > Is there another way to control line spacing? Btw, line spacing is OK in
> > the main paragraph, the incorrect spacing occurs only in text frames. I
> > assume it is a bug, but would like to hear comments from more
> > experienced users.
> >
> > My system is linux, fedora core 5, and OpenOffice 2.03.
>
> I have solved my problem by circumventing the reported problem. Line
> spacing do not change when pressing the new line button. However, it does
> change with "Insert -> Manual Break". I am convinced it is a bug for which
> I'll raise an issue.

That looks like correct behaviour to me. The enter key will start a new
paragraph and so the spacing is determined by the Before and After paragraph
fields in the spacing dialogue. Insert Manual line break forces a new line
within the same paragraph.
--
Andy Pepperdine

For FAQ, userguide, see: http://documentation.openoffice.org/