I just downloaded the latest OpenOffice (v. 2.0.4) onto my iBook (not
sure of the OS version - but it was purchased Nov. 2005, and I have kept
current with updates) but it required X11 to run.  However, when I tried
to download X11 and install in on the HD the system refused, saying that
I had a newer version installed already.

I did download both packages with the Safari browser which (by reading
the web sit comments) may be causing this behavior?

I am relatively clueless on a Mac, having used PCs most of my life.

Thanks,
Bob Goodfliesh
LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.  Access to this E-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or
copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately.