On Friday, December 01, 2006 3:20 AM [GMT+1=CET], Nino Pereira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I want to multiply a row that is sparsely populated with
non-zero numbers only where there are data: when there
are no date the cell is blank. But, when you multiply a blank
you get an error message: #value!.

Can you suppress this error message? I've tried to define
the cell as a 'number', but this didn't work. Can you even
do it? I read in the 'help' something to the effect that
excel does this differently (and, in this case better). Is that true?

All suggestions are much appreciated.
What version of OpenOffice are you using? Please click Help>About and tell us the number below the headline; it should have *at least* two dots in it. Also, which version of what Operating System are you using?

The reason I ask is that on my Windows XP2 Pro/SP2 system with OOo 2.0.4 your problem does not arise. If I have a sparse row and multiply it by some number, I get results for the populated cells and zero for the others; I can change these zeros to <nul> by formatting the cells in the result row to have no leading zeros. This happens even if I have something like "ABCDEFG" in a cell in the sparse row. I never see your "#value".

Harold Fuchs
London, England