Dear fellow OOo users,

Due to a technical mishap, I find myself being forced to use OOo (version
2.0) in situations in which I previously had recourse to Microsoft Office.
What I need to be able to do is to write passages in Chinese or Japanese
into texts written mainly in European languages. In Ms Office this was easy
; I simply modified my keyboard software by choosing the respective language
and then wrote the pinyin transcription for the Chinese graphs I needed
and/or the romaji transcription for Japanese versions and the kana. When
this was done, I then switched the keyboard back to my original language -
all this with a maximum of two mouse clicks per operation. I am certain that
a similar - and equally simple - procedure exists in OOo 2.0, but have been
unable to find it in the help section. Could someone please kindly walk me
through the procedure, step-by-step, starting with an empty document ? I
should be most grateful indeed !...

Henri