On Wednesday 06 December 2006 03:07 am, Steve Lo wrote:
> Dear openoffice org,
>
> I wonder if you have a program equivalant to the mircrosoft
> publisher and compatible with it?  Please let me know.
>
> thank you for your attention.
>
> steve

     OpenOffice.org does not have an equivalent to MS Publisher.
However, some have used text boxes in Draw (the graphics application
in OOo). As far as compatibility with Publisher, there does not seem
to be any program compatible with Publisher.
     There are open source programs which are DTP (desktop publishing)
which can be used in place of Publisher. Scribus is one that I have
seen mentioned several times. But it is not compatible with Publisher
either.

Dan