On Tuesday 19 December 2006 04:50 pm, Ennio-Sr wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----
>
> Subject: Re: [users] OOo_2.0.3-Send document as e-mail
> From: Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:25:41 +1100
> To: users@openoffice.org
>
> >>Ennio-Sr wrote:
> >>[Using OO_2.0.3, under kernel 2.4.27-1-386 GNU/Linux]
> >>I used Tools/Options/Internet-> e-mail ->use /usr/bin/mutt
> >>but it didn't work. Maybe that's because mutt works from
> >> console/xterm only? If yes, would Opera or Netscape Mail be a
> >> valid substitute? [But I wouldn't know how to call these
> >> programs from OO].
> >
> >I can use Thunderbird from OpenOffice (2.0.2).  In Tools >Options
> > I have /usr/bin/thunderbird
> >
> >Perhaps for Mutt you can use something like /usr/bin/xterm -e
> > "mutt"
> >
> >I've never attempted to make such extensive use of a terminal.
>
> Thank you Terry,
> I tried what you suggest but it doen't work. Good to learn that it
> works with Thunderbird: I'll try it in case I really need to send
> mail from OOo.
> Regards,
>       Ennio

     The problem you are having is with this file:
<OOo directory>/program/senddoc. It contains the scripts needed to
send a document from OOo. It does not contain a script for Mutt, and
that is why you get the message. Trying to use Seamonkey will give
the same error while  Mozilla, Netscape, and Thunderbird have
scripts. (There is a simple addition to the senddoc to make it work.)
    Mutt could be made to work, but it would require someone to create
the script needed for it. Then adding the script to senddoc would
solve the problem.

Dan