On Friday 15 December 2006 02:43, + Holly Wardell wrote:
> I am using version 1.0 Open Office.org. My problem is that the program
> won't open.  When I click on the icon to open the program, the computer
> comes up with an error message that reads:
>
>   soffice.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
>   If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working
> on might be lost.
>
>   Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
>   We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat
> this report as confidential and anonymous.
>

>   How this happen was, is that I was trying to print an invitation off of
> the computer and the printer screws up.  The printer starts to print code
> and it would not stop.  I saved what I was working on and closed the
> program.  I restarted the computer to fix the printer, but when I went to
> open Open Office.org, it can up with that error message.
>
>   The computer came with the program on it, and I have a disk where I can
> install it again.  I was wondering if there was anything that I could do
> about it but delete the program and reinstall it because, it will delete
> the files that have the format to the program.

Remove the program should NOT remove your files. If you are nott 100% sure of
this, then simply make a copy of your files.

Also note that 1.0 is VERY old. The current release is 2.1 which has many
features, is much faster and has MANY bugs fixed.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ