On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:23:36 -0000
"Harold Fuchs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:

> >> I must still be doing something wrong. :(

> Do you have the Quickstarter running? I have found in the past that options
> etc. set while Quickstarter is running do not "stick".

No Quickstarter. I do have Qucikstarter on a Windows desktop, but I
can't get it installed on my Ubuntu amd-64 computer.

> Also, starting a new blank document without first having shut down OO may
> not cause OO to re-read the (changed) default template ???

I have not only shut down OOo and restarted it, I have restarted the
computer numerous times (it's a laptop). Yet the default tab settings
will not stick. All the rest of the things I changed -- default style,
font, spacing and indents, page margins, printer settings -- have all
been saved and appear in all new Writer documents. It's just the darn
default tab positions that won't stick.

The thing I keep thinking about is that the default tab positions are
set from Tools > Options > Writer > General. All the rest of the things
I saved are formatting issues. Perhaps there is something special you
have to do to get something in Options to apply to all new documents.
Or perhaps elsewhere there is something overriding this feature in
Options.