On Tuesday February  13 2007 1:15 pm, Jeffrey Connelly wrote:
> I do not want to reinstall my OS and wipe my data. Does that have
> to happen?
> I tried to update from Apple's website to x11, but it told me that
> I had a newer version than what I was trying to install.

     Please pay attention to the instructions you have been given.
Here they are again in my words.
1) Go to http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/.
2) There are installation instructions on that page in several
languages. Download the language you want (probably English?).
3) Study the instructions. They will tell you what X11 you need for
the Mac you have which should be on your installation CD or DVD.
4) Search for the specified X11 file using the correct Mac utility.
5) Install X11 according to the instructions.
6) Make sure you install OOo according to the instructions.

Dan