John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I want to download OOo version 2.04 for Linux. I spent half an hour all
> over openoffice.org and everything that says it will take me to a
> download page for 2.04 instantly redirects me to the download page for
> 2.1. I need to install it on Ubuntu Edgy amd64 from the OOo file, not
> from the Ubuntu-ized version listed in Synaptic.
>
> Can someone please give me the URL to download it? Thanks!

I think Paul answered your question. But just in case:

http://www.google.com/search?q=openoffice+%2Bmirrors

  http://openoffice.mirrors.tds.net/pub/openoffice/
   http://openoffice.mirrors.tds.net/pub/openoffice/stable/
  http://openoffice.mirrors.tds.net/pub/openoffice/stable/2.0.4/

My question is why not try 2.1 given that you are attempting to install
the "Ubuntu-ized version listed in Synaptic"? Did you uninstall
"ubuntu-desktop" as I suggested?