From: Hagar de l'Est <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [users] Just to make sure that cross-references don't work
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:49:14 +0100

This macro should help until this feature is added to OOo:
http://www.ooomacros.org/user.php#113812

Hagar

Le 09.03.2007 10:24, E V a écrit :

Hello,

I am trying to write a document on Writer and the document has many headings and sub-headings. It looks like a contract with sections and sub-sections. I am trying to insert a reference in say Section 2 to Section 3 that would read:

"Section 2.  As indicated at Section 3, bla bla bla etc."

I want the "3" in "Section 3" above to be a cross reference, so that if later Section 3 becomes Section 4 for instance, then the "3" in "Section 3" becomes a "4" automatically. With MS Word you just do Insert - Cross Reference and then you select the number of the corresponding section and that is all.

I did research on the archives and it looks as if this is not yet possible on Writer and I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you.

E. Vahida