Basically, you need Java to use OOo. A Google search should give you plenty of
hits to install Java.

Hagar.

Le 09.03.2007 15:57, E V a écrit :

Dear Hagar,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried what you said. I did find 'Category' and "OpenOffice.org BASIC Macros". They were under Customize - Keyboard. I am not sure whether this is the right place, because I was under the impression that I had to go to Customize - Menu (where there is no 'Category').

Anyway, I tried to expand "+ OpenOffice.org BASIC Macros" and I got the following message: "OpenOffice.org requires a Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this. Please install a JRE and restart OpenOffice.org" This message instantly froze my Writer (the message would not go away even by clicking on "OK") and I had to exit with Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I am just a below average user of a word processor and if it is getting complex, maybe I should give up at this point. Do you know when the mainstream Writer will have cross-references to heading numbers?

Thank you for your help so far.

E. Vahida

From: Hagar de l'Est <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [users] Just to make sure that cross-references don't work
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:54:29 +0100

Le 09.03.2007 11:44, E V a écrit :
I went as far as Section 6.2, and I guessed that "Configure" has become "Customize" on the latest version of Writer, but then, I could not find the "list box" with "OpenOffice.org BASIC Macros".

Bottom left of the dialog, there is a 'Category' area, bottom of list, you'll find OpenOffice.org BASIC Macros, expand it until you find the right macro.

Hagar