At 15:42 20/03/2007 -0400, Deloris Gausch wrote:
You allow editing a copy but when I have 167 or more pages, how do I go to the page where I left off? e.g. in a 157 page manuscript, I need to go to page 92 to make a change or correction. HELP!

Others have explained how to go to a specific page number. But you say you need to go to where you left off - perhaps before closing and reopening a document.

To do this easily in Writer, you can set either a named "bookmark" or else a "reminder" before you leave the relevant place or close the document. These are both handled by the Navigator, which is accessed via Edit | Navigator or F5. Once you have set a named bookmark ("I was here"?), you can select it to return to it. Reminders are not named, but instead a list of the last five is kept, and you can move through these using the Previous Reminder and Next Reminder buttons. Either of these would enable you to return easily to the point where you were editing a document before you closed it.

See Help for further details.

Brian Barker