Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 10/04/07, William Case <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi;

I couldn't help noticing the number of queries there are on this list
from new users / potential users for an integrated "Outlook -like"
component.  I use OOo plus evolution.  That seems to do everything.

What integrated extra am I missing by no longer using my
WindowsXP/MSOffice/Outlook?  What are the posters looking for?

Just curious!

It seems that a lot of Windows users think that OOo is writing free
alternatives to all MS software. These people don't understand that
Office is not part of Windows.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/635/white_zombie.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/malware.html

Are you sure you are not allowing your Windows predudices to extend to its users. It seems to me that they probably do understand (as most are *not* stupid) but are looking for an integrated system.

It may be that technically this may not be the best or even the only system but it is probably what they are used to.

BTW I have no axe to grind as I have never used MS Office/Outlook etc.

Ron Ferguson