Just now got up0 into Google and wrote in "what is a11y?"

First hit:

Web definitions for A11y

In human-computer interaction, computer accessibility refers to the usability of a computer system by people with disabilities. It is largely a software concern. However, when hardware or software is used to customize a computer for a disabled person, that equipment is known as adaptive technology.

Trouble is, 11 and ll look the same in some fonts (such as Times), so a lot of people would be seeing ally instead of a11y.  Things like i18n for "internationalization are easier to see, but of course, until they're explained, not at all easy to understand.

IMO, if one is going to use such jargon on a list such as this, one ought to explain the term first, then go ahead and use it.

But the  term _is_ in common use in some circles, .

JimW

Richard Detwiler wrote:
John W. Kennedy wrote:
Richard Detwiler wrote:

What do you mean by "a11y"?

a-ccessibilit-y, like "119n" for i-nternationializatio-n

Hmm that's very intuitive ... not ... :)

I don't suppose it is very intuitive, but it /is/ established jargon.

I'm not sure what it takes to be considered "established jargon", but I did a quick search for dictionaries of computer jargon. I certainly didn't check all of them, but I checked a few, and didn't find "a11y". One of the ones that I checked was a dictionary that states "Computer Hope dictionary: Browse through our complete listing of over 6,000 computer definitions and terms ..."  This did not list a11y under its 6000+ definitions. (I did search this dictionary for things like IIRC and YMMV and it had everything I looked for along those lines.)

R5d D6r -- Richard Detwiler, as I'm sure anyone could figure out :)