To Dan: Sorry, my mistake and I did not read this follow up until now! I do live and learn! :-[

Dan Lewis wrote:
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 10:14 am, John Boyle wrote:
To Dan: You forgot to mention Scribus as an alternative.

No, I did not. Scribus does NOT open MS Publisher files. The OP clearly stated his office used Publisher. He needed something that would open Publisher files. While a suggestion that his office might consider using a different Desktop publishing software might be in order, it would not answer the question the OP was asking. This only has to do with whether his office is willing to change software for the benefit of the employees, i.e., something with a lower cost for those wanting to do part of their work at home.

Dan