Using the same link as that mentioned by Joe Connor, I had no difficulty
downloading and installing Ghostscript 8.54 on my XP boot (I chose the file
named
gs854w32.exe<http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ghostscript/gs854w32.exe?modtime=1148943324&big_mirror=1>,
despite having an AMD64 machine, as my XP version is 32-bit); thereafter I
had no difficulty downloading Scribus itself, and it seems to function as
expected. One thing that strikes me as strange, however, is the following
note on the Scribus on
Windows<http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=2&page=1>page
: «
*The correct .exe name for Ghostscript is gswin32c.exe, not
gswin32.exe.*Setting this properly will avoid error messages on start
up and Scribus will
auto-detect Ghostscript's location on install.» From what I can see,
installing Ghostscript 8.54 as per the above means that two files,
gswin32.exe and gswin32c.exe, respectively, are installed under
C:\Program\gs\gs8.54\bin, so that the note seems supernumerary. Am I missing
something here ?...

Henri

2007/5/5, Joe Conner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Use the url:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1897&package_id=1845