I'm going to send you the e-mail, but first let me give you the conditions I
set up.  I went to Control and then Folder Options, then went to File Types.
PPS was not even there, although the first time I used Open Office it
worked.  Anyway, I entered PPS (if you have to download it, I didn't and
don't know how), my computer entered PPS File to describe the ext.  Then I
went down and clicked on Open With : and put in "Open Office Org 2.2"  But
still when I try to read the e-mail, I get the message that I need to go to
Control and set up an association.  I thought that is what I did with Open
Office Org 2.2.  That's the layout.  Now I will send the e-mail.  Thanks.
Art

I didn't receive any file, but from what you described I believe I
know the issue. The 'open with' dialog needs to know the actual
executable file to load. With a standard OOo install there is no file
called "Open Office Org 2.2" ...

What I recommend you do is follow the same steps as you did, then when
you get to selecting the file to open with, select 'other', then
browse to the "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.2\program\" directory
and look for a file named simpress.exe ... This is the file that you
want to open powerpoint files with.

(I've assumed that you have OOo installed in the standard directory
for your windows OS.)

Reply to the list if you still have issues.

/paul

--
Processing Key for cracking HD DVD's:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0