-------- Original Message --------
From: GLASS & MIRROR ENTERPRISES <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue 05 Jun 2007 01:25:29 EST

> I have a question. any work that I do in openoffice can i transfered
> to another computer that has Microsoft Office 2003, and vice-versa.
>
> My email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Regards,
>
> Carlos de Rojas

The short answer is yes. However, Microsoft is not capable (without
special add-ins, still under development) of opening or saving documents
in the ISO/IEC 26300:2006 standard file format, which is the default for
OOo (OpenOffice.org). To share files between OOo and MS Office, you
should use a file format recognised by both programs (eg. ".doc",
".rtf", "xls", etc.). Because most Microsoft created file formats are
closed, secret and propriety, OOo's compatibility is not 100% perfect
and (depending upon the document complexity) you may experience some
formatting differences. I am forced to exchange documents with MS Office
users on a daily basis and very rarely experience this issue.

Hope this helps.

Dave