On Saturday June 23 2007 08:52, Michael T Browne wrote:
> Just downloaded the latest Open Office Program, v 2.2.
>
> Am trying to open an Excell Spreadsheet, file extension ".xlsx"
> OpenOffice Calc does not recognize it.
> It was created using Microsoft Office 2007.
>
> Is there a way to open this file using OpenOffice?
>
> Michael Browne
> Lincoln NE
Don't see converter for Xcell but the following link has one for word
documents.

Go to: http://download.novell.com/SummaryFree.jsp?buildid=ESrjfdE4U58~
download the odf-converter-1.0.0-5.i86.rpm and the installation instructions.
Then use YaST to install it. I did this and had people send me .docx douments
from Office 2007 I was able open them and also save .odf as .docx and they
were able to open them.
--
Russ
Linux register user 441463