> When you buy stuff in a foreign country you pay in that country's
> currency and the amount you get charged in your currency is not
> specifiable by you but depends on the exchange rate in force at the time
> your bank (or credit card company) debits your account. This is true
> whether or not you are physically present in the foreign country.
> Welcome to the world.
>
> The same applies when you make a donation in a foreign country which is
> what you are doing here.
>
> If you look carefully at the text on the donation page just above where
> it says "Update Totals" you will see it says "EUR". That's short for
> Euros, the currency of the country (Germany) in which you are "buying".
> You can tell it's Germany by reading the details of where you would send
> a Bank Transfer, just just below the "Make a Donation" button that you
> clicked on.

With respect, Harold you're wrong. The OP did not ask to specify exactly what
his donation would cost after factoring in the exchange rate. I'm sure he
would be perfectly happy with whatever the adjustment was to his donation
because of the exchange rate.

Say someone wants to do is to make a donation of $100 US. Surely it's possible
to have software calculate what the current exchange rate is and send the
bank a withdrawal of however many euros that works out to. That's hardly
rocket science.

People may donate more to the project if they can make the donation in
whatever currency they use, the bank can still get the withdrawal in euros
and everyone would be happy. Why do you want to make it difficult to donate
to the project? Surely it doesn't matter if we want to donate Euros, Canadian
or US Dollars or Mexican pesos.

-
Bob Smits [EMAIL PROTECTED]