Whatever in the world is this issue about. Use a credit card or go through
paypal!--- On Mon 07/02, Harold Fuchs < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

From: Harold Fuchs [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Mon, 2 Jul
2007 07:54:19 +0100Subject: Re: [users] Donation IssuesOn 02/07/07, Al Balmer
wrote:>> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 01:00:46 +0100, Harold Fuchs>
wrote:>> >If you look carefully at the text on the donation page just
above where> >it says "Update Totals" you will see it says "EUR". That's
short for>> Gratuitous insults do not advance your argument.>> You
seem to be deliberately missing the point, which is that it's> perfectly
possible to accept donations in whatever currency it is> offered. For some
odd reason, you wish to place the burden on the> donor. As I said, don't
look a gift horse in the mouth. (I'll explain> that idiom if
needed.)>> BTW, contrary to your belief, many countries accept foreign
currency.> When dealing with vendors from other countries, it is my
experience> that they are happy to provide pricing in
USD.>> --> Al Balmer> Sun City, AZ>>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> I don't wish to place the burden anywhere. The fact
it says Euros on theweb page places the burden on the donor. It is *not*
normally possible tobuy/donate in a foreign currency. If I want to send my
foreign mother-in-lawmoney in her currency I have to make special arrangements
and pay extra. IfI want to buy US goods I have to pay in Dollars.In addition,
the exchange rate in force at the time the donor donates isirrelevant. The
exchange rate used will be the one in force at the time thebank or credit card
company debits the donor's account which could beseveral days or even weeks in
the future. The same is true when I travelabroad and use my credit card or
withdraw cash from a hole-in-the-wallmachine. I can buy travellers'
cheques in advance but (a) it's a dwindlingmarket and (b) I pay a premium. Also
fewer and fewer shops accept thembecause of the risk.-- Harold FuchsLondon,
EnglandPlease reply *only* to users@openoffice.org

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.