Keith Bates wrote:

During all these changes, a strange error message has started appearing
in OOo. It seems to occur at apparently random times, although most
often it happens when I first save a document in a session.
As far as I recall it only happens on the new machine and I can't
remember if it started with 2.2.1 or was there with 2.2.0

Here is the error message:

Error loading BASIC of document.
file:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.3/share/basic/WebWizard/script.xlb/:
General Error
General input/output Error

When I click OK the message box comes up again but then disappears
after clicking OK again.

I realize this isn't very helpful, but I've also gotten the same message, a number of times, and exactly the same behavior (click OK and the box re-appears; click OK a second time and it is gone).

It doesn't not happen on my home computer, only on a work computer. The home computer is Windows XP, and I'm running OOo 2.2.. The work computer is a networked system, using thin clients. The OOo version is 2.1. It is a Windows environment, but unfortunately I can't give you a lot more detail about it.