On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:14:26 -0700
John Jason Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:10:30 +1000
> Keith Bates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:
>
> > Error loading BASIC of document.
> > file:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.3/share/basic/WebWizard/script.xlb/:
> > General Error
> > General input/output Error
>

> I had that same error message once, but I can't remember what the fix
> was. I posted about it here and I found my original e-mail in my
> copyself folder:
>
> From: John Jason Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "OpenOffice.org Users" <users@openoffice.org>
> Subject: [users] "Error loading BASIC of document"
> Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:03:00 -0800
>
> After launching OOo 2.0.4 on Ubuntu Edgy amd64 I get this error
> message:
>
> Error loading BASIC of document
> file:///usr/lib/openoffice/sharfe/basic/WebWizards/script.xlb/:
> General error
> General input/output error
>
> I click on OK, the same message pops up a second time, and after I
> click OK again it goes away. Everything seems to work (except other
> problems that I have always had, not related to this).
>
> I checked and there is a folder /usr/lib/openoffice/basic that has
> various subfolders, but not one named WebWizard. Doubtless that's the
> problem. What part of the installation installs a WebWizard folder
> there?
>

> Unfortunatly, I didn't save any replies. At the time I had OOo 2.04 on
> Ubuntu Edgy. Maybe if you search the archives you can find the thread
> and any replies that might have given me the solution.

Hi John,

Thanks for the tip!

What I did was basically rename the config folder .openoffice.org2
forcing OOo to treat me as a new user.

That fixed the problem. I see by comparing the old and new config
folders, there are a number of folders that were in my old config
folders, obviously a legacy of gradually upgrading over the years.

I've copied my templates, user dictionaries and other useful data back
in. I've just got a few other bits and pieces to reset and it will be
as good as new- better than new!

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates