Thomas Mackin wrote:
I have downloaded OpenOffice: 2.2.1 several times and I cannot get it to work.
I am using Windows XP and have plenty of memory space.
I found the OO0_2.21_WIN32intel_install_en-us.exe on my hard drive but it just tell's me that I am already installed on the 2.2.1. No icon shows up on the Desktop and I can't figure out why I cannot get it to work for me. I'm 74 Yrs old and getting frustrated. What can I do next ?

When you click on the Start button (lower left part of the screen), and point to Programs, do you see it listed among your programs?