Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
2007/8/9, Stephanie Boulee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Is there a way to utilize Microsoft's clip art on OpenOffice?
Use of clipart from Microsoft is governed by the Microsoft's license. Also, Microsoft owns the copyright to the images and hence you may not be legally be able to send word documents with images from clipart under any other license even if you are using MS Office on Windows or MAC. We had to deal with the copyright issue and decided to use openclipart as its license was more suitable for our work.

-G
If not is
there an OpenOffice version of clip art, or perhaps another
freeware/shareware/opensource clip art source that would be compatible
with OpenOffice?

If your OS/dist is Linux/Ubuntu, then just type "sudo apt-get install
openclipart" in a terminal, but I guess you are a Windows user, since you
didn't mention your OS and since you indirectly mentioned MS Office, or at
least its clip arts.

This <http://openclipart.org/media/downloads> place has some open clip arts
to download, but it doesn't seem to have been updated since october 2005.

I think clip arts are included in Star Office, but Star Office is not free.
On the other hand it's not as expensive as MS Office. As far as I know,
StarOffice = OpenOffice + Clip Arts + better spell checking etc.

J.R.