Go to the folder/directory where you put OpenOffice, go to the PROGRAM
sub-folder/sub-directory, look for "quicklaunch.exe," right click on it to put
a shortcut on your desktop... assuming that you are using Windows. Clicking on
your desktop icon will then allow you to begin using Writer, Calc, Base,
Impress, or Draw.

  hth

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Downloaded and installed Open Office. How do I launch app'? All I can find
are four "file cabinets" with a bunch of files in each. Where's the app'
icon?

Ken