On 20/09/2007 13:45, CPHennessy wrote:
On Wednesday 19 September 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
FYI to all.  I sent a request to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list
that handles the website asking that subscription be required to
post to the list. Maybe we will see it happen.

That ios exactly how this list works. The only addition is that moderators can accept mails from unsubscribed users, and with these emails we have the header 'Deliever-to: moderator' added.

CPH, forgive me for being blunt but that's nonsense. "linuxmaillists" is requesting that subscription *be required* to post to this list. That is exactly how this list does *not* work.

In addition to adding "Delivered-To: moderator ..." why oh why oh why can't ***all*** messages from unsubscribed users have something like "[Moderated]" added to the ***Subject*** line so that *every* user, regardless of what mail/news reader s/he's using can *see* that the message comes from an unsubscribed user?

What we have now is at best sub-prime (!!!). Many mail/news readers readers can't filter on the Delivered-To header; users reading the digest don't get those headers and, last but not least only *some* messages from unsubscribed users have "[Moderated]" in the subject line.

***Please***

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England