louise rogers wrote:
we have been given the openoffice org web site by pcworld technical department
as we are unable to open our word documents. When we go into your site we aare
then unsure as to what we need to do. Can you help?

To download OpenOffice, go to www.openoffice.org and click on the link in the green box and follow the instructions. (if you don't have Java on your computer, download the version with Java) Then, double click on the file you downloaded, to start the installation and follow the prompts.