Datatude wrote:
I found 3 entries already in there. Issues 11393, 14736 which had already been noted as a dupe of 11393, and 74835. I just posted a comment to 74835 to say it looks like a dupe of 11393. Will write back when some determination is made on that so we know where to vote.

More discussion (with pointers to yet more issues and discussion):
http://ux.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=discuss&by=thread&from=1670057

This is not merely a convenience issue, it is a wide-open invitation to toss your work in the bit bucket without so much as a warning:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=60008

However, the current behavior is exactly like MS Office, and therefore "good enough". It's difficult to justify committing resources to fixing something that "ain't broke".

<Joe