On 18/10/2007, Richard J Neuenfeldt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am sorry that I listed four combinations which is correct.  But  what
> I meant in regards to equal is the first number times the second number
> that came after the slash "/".  In other words 10 times 5 #s.  What is
> occurring is that wheat and corn are forcing me to raise prices five
> cents a pound.   My package prices are not the same originally for the
> different combinations to begin with.  Thanks very much for responding
> to my problem;  it seems that I put an impossible problem to solve and I
> thank you all for your time and effort.  Richard

Given these examples: "1/25#,. 6/5#, 10/5# and 4/12.5#" is what you want
1*25, 6*5, 10*5 and 4*12.5?

If so, then what I have shown you up to now, using the LEFT, FIND and RIGHT
functions are sufficient for you to do what you want.

In any case, LEFT, RIGHT and FIND are entirely sufficient for you to split
your column into two numbers: the first consisting of the characters to the
left of the "/" and the second consisting of the characters between the "/"
and the "#". Having split the column into two *separate* columns, you can
then do what you like with the results.

I suggest you read the Help about these functions.

I further suggest that you take the other advice you have been receiving in
this correspondence and, in future, *plan* the construction of your
spreadsheets in such a way as to avoid such entirely unnecessary
complications.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England