Richard J Neuenfeldt wrote:
I am sorry that I listed four combinations which is correct. But what I meant in regards to equal is the first number times the second number that came after the slash "/". In other words 10 times 5 #s. What is occurring is that wheat and corn are forcing me to raise prices five cents a pound. My package prices are not the same originally for the different combinations to begin with. Thanks very much for responding to my problem; it seems that I put an impossible problem to solve and I thank you all for your time and effort. Richard

The problem was not impossible. Were you able to figure out the solution from what answers you got? I would be glad to help you a better solution if you were not able to fix your problem. Are these products the only ones you sell? If you need to make changes in the future you may want to change the way your spread sheet is set up so that there are only numbers in the fields that need to be used in calculations, like this:

                   H      I       J      K        L
               |      |      |Unit of|       |        |
               | Qty  |  Pkg |Measure| Price | Amount |
               |  3   |  25  |  #    | 26.95 | $80.85 |

Assuming this is row 1 the formula to calculate the amount would be "= (H1*K1)". That way you don't have to deal with the text info when you are doing calculations, and if something changes, like packaging or price, or you add new products or multiple package sizes for the same product, it's easier to make changes.

--
Thanks.

Yours,
**//Charlie