On 10/28/07, Jim Hartley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oh, the horror of it - no DRM!!!! Why are people allowed to do things
> like Open Source which get around ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL functions like
> DRM? There ought to be a law!!!!  </sarcasm>

Unfortunately? I don't think it eliminates DRM. An application or device
could be created that would only work with content that has a particular
signature. If the file is changed the signature is gone and the content no
longer works in the signature sensitive application or device.

As far as other limiting uses of DRM like number of devices the file can be
copied to or played on, I don't know.