Drew Jensen wrote:

> Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Alan Boba wrote:

> You are not actually saying then that the whole idea of Document Rights
> Management is impossible to implement in a Open Document Format, are you?

We are not talking about DRM here. Let's not break the butterfly on the
weel. People that don't understand what digital signing is are perhaps
not the right users for DRM.

Yes, DRM would be an option, but I doubt that it is what the OP was
asking for in the first place. ;-)

And IMHO DRM only works if you have full control over hardware and
software. Of course circumventing protections applied by DRM is
incredibly hard (even without the mentioned full control) compared to
circumventing "protections" by simple flags or scrambling of content.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".