Kathy A. Smith wrote:
Hello,
I received a zip file named "filename.ods.zip". I unzipped it and now I have a folder named "filename.ods" and there are .xml files and subfolders with .xml files. I've downloaded the OpenOffice.org 2.3 suite but don't know how to view this. Please advise.

First thing first. I trust that you solicited this file and know what it is and from whence it came? That being the case, you just need to rename the file and remove the redundant '.zip' from the filename: you will then have an Open Document Spreadsheet (.ods) which can be opened with OpenOffice.org.

Of course this presupposes that you have actually installed the program, rather than having just downloaded the installer?

Peter HB