Patricia Kruzan wrote:
> In thinking of downloading Open Office, I have a couple of concerns.
>
>   I would like to have the files on my older as well as newer
> computer.  My newer Windows XP computer I anticipate no major concerns
> with in regard to the download.  It is the older Windows 98 laptop (no
> CD drive--no connection to the internet) that I have a concern about.
> Is it possible to download to floppies or a flashdrive on my
> internet-connected Windows XP and then install on my Windows 98
> laptop?  Any thoughts you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

You can install OpenOffice on the Windows 98 computer, provided it meets
the minimum requirements.  You can use a flash drive to copy the
installer file to that computer, though a computer that old is likely
USB 1.1 which will be slow.  If that computer doesn't meet the
requirements for version 2.3, you may want to consider v1.1.5, which
requires fewer resources.  That version can read, but not write the new
ODF file formats.  Version 2.3 can read & write the old formats, as well
as ODF.

http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_20.html