> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:10:53 +0000
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: users@openoffice.org
> Subject: Re: [users] Two questions on open office
>
> On 06/11/2007, Jason Wexler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I was trained as a Librarian, so I cannot think of a scenario when I would
> > sort a list of phrases or sentences, where I would want to take into
> > consideration of the articles, nor since I am a linguist can I think of a
> > language which uses its articles as a searchable perameter.  If you have a
> > scenario where keeping the articles searchable would be of value, I would
> > most definitely like to learn (thats the problem with being a
> > librarian/scientist, must always learn something new LOL).
> >
> > <snip>
>

> Jason
> >

> So you'd be happy to file my book "THE DANSANT" under D for "DANSANT" would
> you?

In the original French it would be Le Dansant, and une bibliotechniciane
francais would also ignore the "Le" so I have no problem ignoring the "THE",
there are of course going to be exceptions as someone already mentioned "The A
to Z Guide..." would of course be an exception as would the children's alphabet
book "A to Z".  However fixing those handful of rare exception is quicker and
far easier than the other option when half or more of all Titles begin with an
article either "The", "An" or "A".

> --
> Harold Fuchs
> London, England
> Please reply *only* to users@openoffice.org

Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last.  Get it
now.