In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   jonathon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Richard wrote:

> > was anyone planning to answer the original question?

> What problem do you think you are solving by using "Read Only" mode?

> For John's "prevent accidental editing", then the same thing can be
> accomplished by changing the file permissions in the Operating System.

That is not the point (or rather it is a different point).

The point is that OOo appears to allow you to set a document to be saved as
Read Only (Tools>Options>OOo>Security>File Sharing Options...Open this
document in read-only mode) but that it does not appear to work.

What are I and the OP missing, or is this a bug?

  Richard Travers
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Truro, Cornwall