On 9 Nov 2007 at 16:31, Richard Travers wrote:
> The point is that OOo appears to allow you to set a document to be saved as
> Read Only (Tools>Options>OOo>Security>File Sharing Options...Open this
> document in read-only mode) but that it does not appear to work.
>
> What are I and the OP missing, or is this a bug?

Can't answer for 2.1; under 2.3 it seems to behave as expected. Start a
new document, set the readonly option, save, close; reopen -- can't
edit it.  Although it's not flagged by the OS as ro.  It seems you then
have to save as a new document to get write access back.

(on XP)
--
various incoming sites blocked because of spam; see
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk for a list and openpgp crypto key