On 9 Nov 2007 at 20:10, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> I suppose that if you set OO's "read only" flag then, if the OS will
> allow you to change the file then you can presumably unset the flag.
> Again, it's only a prevention against *accidental* damage. If the OS
> won't let you write the file - as on Windows if you don't own it and it
> isn't shared, then presumably you can't unset the flag.

FWIW OOo's flag appears to be in the settings.xml component of the OOo
file, as does any encrypted password. The latter is a weird identifier
(RedlineProtectionKey), the former is more obvious (LoadReadonly) (at
least, that what looks to be the case).

I know everyone was just dying to know that :-) :-)
--
various incoming sites blocked because of spam; see
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk for a list and openpgp crypto key