In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Bruce Roorda
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The subject line of the message to which you replied was "[users]  Re:
> Top versus bottom posting yet again".  So, a new thread was started,
> just as you ask.  What more do you want?  Please pay attention.

> Jonathan Kaye wrote:

> > Sorry but I was following the thread about OOo popup interference and
> > now I get this? Please don't hijack threads. Start a new one if you
> > like. Thank you, Jonathan

Clicking on Reply and changing the Subject line does NOT constitute starting
a new thread. It retains the reference to the message you replied to.*

To start a new thread you need to open a new email to the OOo list and send
your message in that.

Does it matter? Well, those of us using threaded news readers suddenly came
across your message in a list of messages on a different topic (as
complained about by Jonathan). Annoying, but no big deal perhaps, but
anybody not interested in the 'pop-up' thread would have missed your message
altogether.

One is tempted to say 'pay attention'.

*Hint - the Reference and In-Reply-To headers of your message read as
follows:
The latter was a message from Dotan Cohen entitled: "OOo popup interfering
with work".

**A threaded newsreader presents messages according to the messages they are
replying to by following the reference headers, not according to subject
lines.

--

  Richard Travers
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]