Hi Dotan,

Dotan Cohen wrote (25-11-2007 23:45)
On 25/11/2007, Peter Hillier-Brook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Datatude wrote:
On 2007-11-25 11:38 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
I am trying to type a Writer document in a brand new installation of OOo
2.2.0 on Ubuntu Feisty. Every minute or so, a dialog titled "formats and
numbers" (translated) pops up, grabs focus, and generally frustrates me.
Sounds like you are working in a numbered, or bulleted paragraph. If so, what
you are seeing is a floating toolbar related to that context and you can just
move it out of the way.

Yes, I was working in a numbered list. But simply moving it does not
help: it steal focus.

I know the annoying behaviour at Linux, that various toolbars / windows grab my focus :-(
What might help: if you drag the toolbar to a side, it will dock.

same thing happens to me with OOo and NeoOffice when working in a table. The
Tables and Borders toolbar keeps popping up and gets in my way...
Ditto inside a table. Just move the toolbar out of your way. I normally park it
at the edge of the screen somewhere.

Any way to disable that 'feature'?

With View|Toolbars|Bullets and numbering you can turn it off. It will not show up until you turn it on again.

Kindest regards,
Cor

--

Cor Nouws