Cor Nouws wrote:
I know the annoying behaviour at Linux, that various toolbars / windows
grab my focus :-(

This is not a "Linux" issue. I've run OOo on Fedora for years and have never seen a pop-up toolbar steal focus.

I can't say for sure where to look to get it fixed; it's either a WM issue, or a problem with your distribution's build.

Of course the deeper problem is the pop-up toolbars, but the only solution there is to dock them, as you said.

<Joe