On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:56:47 +1100
Keith Bates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:21:27 +1100
> Daniel Kasak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 13:53 +1100, Keith Bates wrote:
> >
> > > If I print multiple copies of a document it takes forever because
> > > OOo seems to just re-send the same information  n times.
> >
> > <snipped >
> >
> > > Yeah I know it's probably an issue with CUPS or some other
> > > inscrutable part of the printing system.
> >
> > I've also had problems printing >1 copy, and went off to the CUPS
> > issue tracker to see if the problem was there. Apparently it's not.
> > I was told in no uncertain terms that OOo's postscript output is
> > quite broken. At the time, I couldn't get any more than 1 copy
> > printed. Perhaps someone has changed something recently, and you
> > can get more than 1, but it's slow. At any rate, the way I print
> > multiple copies is to export to a PDF, open the PDF in evince, and
> > print multiple copies from there.
> >

> Thanks for that Daniel. It's a bit of a long way round, but I'll give
> it a go and see if it saves on printing time.

Just did a rough test. Printing 3 copies of one document:

Printing through OOo-- took 6 min 15 sec.

Printing 3 copies of pdf from evince-- 2 minutes 40 sec.

Obviously that doesn't include the time of converting to pdf which is
negligible.

That is very interesting and suggests that there really is a problem in
the way OOo produces its postcript

Keith

--
God bless you,